Access Statement for The Old Brewery Guesthouse
Richmond, North Yorkshire
We aim to cater for the needs of all who visit The Old Brewery. We have 9 guest bedrooms, 4 of which are on the ground floor. One of these rooms is wheelchair accessible and is provided with grab-rails for washbasin, toilet and shower in the en-suite. The other 5 rooms are all on the first floor level. The following statement is a summary of our provision.
- We are a 5 – minute walk away from Richmond town centre.
- The buses serve the local area and connect with Darlington on a regular basis.
- Main railway station is at Darlington.
- There are several local taxi services, which we can book for you.
- Brochures can be provided in large print if required.
Our website – www.oldbreweryguesthouse.com – provides pictures of a selection of our guest rooms and further information about the services we provide.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- There is free car parking around The Green, outside the guesthouse.
- All roads and footpaths to the property are tarmac or flagstone.
- Assistance is given to help guests and their luggage from their car to their room if required.
- There is a secure side entrance into the back garden to store bikes over night.
- The property signage is large, clear and well lit. Situated above the front door.
- The area is lit at night by outside lighting on the property.
- There are no steps up to the front door.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door is a single door and is 32.5″ wide. It is locked after 9pm. There is a front door key on the key ring with the room key.
- There are additional keys to all rooms available if requested.
- On arrival, guests are required to complete our registration forms and are then shown to their rooms and our facilities are explained.
- 7 bedrooms are en-suite, the family suite comprises of one double room, a single room and a separate bathroom. There is a public WC next to the reception area.
- Breakfast is served in our Dining Room on the ground floor and is accessed from the Reception Hall. The entry is level and the door width is 29″ high but is a double door, when both doors are open it is 58″ wide. There are 4 tables that seat 2 people and 1 table that will seat 4.
- The tables are 30″ high. Chairs are without arms.
Menus can be provided in larger print by prior arrangement.
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and all other diets can be catered for.
- Laundry facilities are available on the premises on request.
- The nearest shopping facility is in the market place within a 5 minute walking distance offering a wide range of shops.
- There is a swimming pool and gym located at the station, a 15-minute walk away.
- There is a park with bowling greens; gardens, Skate Park and children’s play equipment just a 10-minute walk away.
- There is central heating throughout the house. The temperature of each guest room is controlled by Thermostatic controls on the radiators.
- The beds are made with all season duvets, and the thickness is adjusted to suit the time of year.
- Each bedroom has a ‘hospitality tray’ with biscuits, a good variety of teas, coffee and hot chocolate. In each room there is a hair dryer, a clock radio and free view TV with a remote control.
- Each room has storage space, which usually consists of a wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet.
- The average bed height is 23″ average width of doorways (room entrance) in the main building is between 28″ and 30″.
- The average door width in the Garden Rooms is 31.5″. Average WC height is 16″ with the exception of room 8, which is 18.5″ high, average height of the washbasins, is 32″ with the exception of room 8, which is 29″ high.
Room 1 – First Floor
- Double en-suite (approx. 10ft x 12ft) with one double bed. It has a 10″ step into the shower cubicle. There is one chair in the room.
Room 2 – First Floor (Family Suite)
- This room (approx. 10ft x 12ft) is one part of the family suite. It has a double bed. There are two Tub chairs in the room. The bathroom is directly opposite which is shared with room 6. It has a shower and bath.
Room 3 – First Floor
- This is a twin room (approx. 16ft x 11ft) with two single beds and en-suite bath and shower. There are 3 steps down to the bathroom. There are 2 tub chairs in the room.
Room 4 – First Floor
- This is a twin or double room (approx.10ft x 13ft) with en-suite shower. There is one 4″ step up to the bathroom with a 3″ step into the shower cubicle. There is a tub chair in the room.
Room 5 – Ground Floor
- This is twin or double room (approx. 12.5ft x 9.5) with en-suite shower. There is a 5″ step down to the shower toilet area. There is a tub chair in the room.
Room 6 – First Floor (Family Suite)
- This is a single room (approx. 8.10ft x 11ft) with a single bed. There is a Tub chair in the room. The bathroom is next door to the room that is shared with
Room 7 – Ground Floor (Garden Room)
- This is a double en-suite bath and shower room (approx. 11.5ft x 11.5ft) with a double bed. There are 4 steps down into the bathroom. There is a door leading onto to a patio area that has a table and two chairs.There is a tub chair in the room.
Room 8 – Ground Floor (Garden Room)
- This can either be a twin or double room (approx 15.5ft x 12.5ft) shower only. There are no steps into the wet room. The toilet height is approx. 18.5″. There are grab rail supports at the washbasin, toilet and in the shower area. There is a 2 person sofa in the room. We have found that this room is suitable for any guest with a wheel chair.
Room 9 – Ground Floor (Garden Room)
- This is a king size en-suite with bath and shower room (approx. 10.5ft x 13.5ft) with a four-poster bed. There are four steps down into the room. There is a chair in the room.
Grounds and Gardens
- At the back of the house we have an enclosed garden. Several potted plants, shrubbery, hanging baskets and water feature offering a quiet outdoor oasis for guests to relax in. Seating in this area is available to our guests.
- Dogs and children are welcomed at The Old Brewery for a charge of £5.00.
- Mobile phone reception is generally good.
- Wifi is enabled
- We are able to use the front door should evacuation be necessary. The fire alarm rings continuously if evacuation is needed.
- If you need assistance in this kind of emergency (e.g., hearing impairment) please let us know on arrival and we will ensure that you are evacuated safely.
- A selection of local information is available in our displays in the entrance hall.
- There is a folder in each guest bedroom, which gives tourist information about Richmond and the surrounding area.
- Further information about The Old Brewery routines and emergencies is displayed on the inside of each bedroom door.
Churches in Richmond
- Methodist Church, Queens Road – Tel: 823149
- St. Joseph and St Francis Xavier, Roman Catholic, Newbiggin – Tel: 822175
- The Parish Church, St Mary’s, Station Road – Tel: 823398
- Richmond Pentecostal Church, Zetland Christian
Community Centre, Victoria Road – Tel: 823161
- The Kings Church, The Town Hall – Tel: 850961
Restaurants in Richmond
- The Holly Hill Inn & Ivy Restaurant, Sleegill – Tel: 822192
- The Turf Hotel, Victoria Road – Tel: 829011
- The Black Lion Hotel, Finkle Street – Tel: 826217
- Seasons Restaurant & Café Bar, Richmond Station – Tel: 825340
- Rustique, 5-7 Chantry Wynd, Finkle Street – Tel: 821565
- A Taste of Thailand, 15 King Street – Tel: 829696
- Tandoori Nights, 3 Castle Hill – Tel: 826677
- Amontola Restaurant & Take-away, Tel: 8-10 Queens Road – Tel: 826070
- New Treasure Garden, 7 Castle Hill – Tel: 825827
Emergency Phone Numbers
- Friary Surgery 0844 4996637
- Quaker Land Surgery 01748 850440
- Friary Community Hospital 822109, 822122
- Friarage Hospital, Northallerton 01609 779911
- Memorial Hospital, Darlington 01325 380100
- Boots, Market Place 823322
- Richmond Pharmacy, King Street 823238
- NHS Dentist, Market Place
- AD Pope, 5 Rosemary Lane 824177
- Lion House, Pottergate 822321
- Barrack Hill 0845 6060247
Address: The Old Brewery, 29 The Green, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 4RG
Telephone: 01748 822460
Fax: 01748 825561